Thanks to the Nikau Foundation, Wairio wetland has again been granted a generous amount toward development for the wetland. The Richard and Doreen Evans Charitable Trust provided $4000 in the 2015 Nikau Foundation funding round.
Conditions placed on the grant:
- It must be used for the purpose applied for.
- The Trust must receive a feedback form from within a year of the grant being made.
- The Trust requires an update of progress towards completion of the project. Also forward two or three photos and an update that can be used on their website / annual report / newsletters. Before and after photos are especially welcome with captions. Talent release permissions are DUNZs responsibility.
- Please acknowledge Nikau Foundation contribution to DUNZ in any publications or any other means of release – The Foundation would like to become better known throughout the Wellington region.
- Our logo is available to use in your publications.
- Please keep informed through our website and “Like” us on facebook.
Should any of you wish to know more go to the Foundation’s web site, www.nikaufoundation.org.nz.
The Nikau Foundation has appointed a new General Manager who brings a wealth of experience from the community and voluntary sector. Louise Parkin has had 25 years working with charitable and philanthropic organisations both in New Zealand and internationally.
Ms Parkin had been at Nikau Foundation as their Philanthropy Advisor for six months before taking up the role of General Manager in January this year.
In her spare time, she teaches the Japanese martial art of aikido to adults and children. Her personal philanthropy is for the benefit of the environment and international aid.
The Nikau Foundation is part of a world-wide network of community foundations set up to benefit a specific geographic area, in this case the Wellington region. The Foundation manages 22 endowment funds that benefit the arts, education, social and youth projects, the environment and beyond. It does this through the generosity of local donors. The funds it manages grew 100 percent in the last year.