Criteria for acceptance of WetlandCare scholarship applications
Applications will be accepted from students/researchers within universities prepared to make a difference through wetland conservation, with outcomes likely to provide for better management of New Zealand wetlands or their environment. The student project must be based in New Zealand or be of direct benefit to New Zealand based on current wetland conservation issues.
- Preference will be given to applications that demonstrate:
- projects of direct benefit to New Zealand based on current wetland conservation issues.
- innovative thinking that pushes the boundaries of what is known about New Zealand wetland conservation.
- research on native threatened wetland bird species.
- research with clear objectives and measurable outcomes.
- research with a strong wetland management and conservation applications.
- research covering any "preferred research topics" listed on the Ducks Unlimited/Wetland Care website.